25 July 2018
Matthew Kobylar shares his insights on the future of London’s commercial office space
Matthew Kobylar shares his insights on the future of London's commercial office space as part of the 'What workers want' conference
Matthew Kobylar, Director of Interiors and Workplace Strategy, Arney Fender Katsalidis, was invited to share his insights into the key components to future-proofing workplaces as part of the 'What workers want' conference, a far-reaching and informative session held at New London Architecture on 17th July 2018.
The conference tackled the future of the office, namely, with disruption abounding from continued uncertainty around Brexit, new ways of working, and new locations of commercial activity – how are we developing the commercial offer to continue to attract and retain businesses? A range of speakers also tackled how is London’s commercial sector evolving to embrace new locations, worker amenities and productive spaces?
Matthew was part of a rosta of high profile speakers, which included key portfolio holders, consultants and designers who explored the types of projects that are keeping tenants.
Matthew's key takeaways to inform the future of the office space were:
'Access to daylight and views; a strong connection to nature; and the ability to control the workplace to suit different needs’
The full conference speaker line up was:
- Sherin Aminossehe, Head of Offices, Lendlease
- Mike Wiseman, Head of Office Leasing, British Land
- Jon Allgood, Senior Asset Manager, The Crown Estate
- Clare Bridger, Head of Real Estate Workplace Consultancy, Deloitte
- Anouska Naran, Managing Director - Human Capital Management, Tishman Speyer
- John Robertson, Director, John Robertson Architects
- Araceli Camargo, Cognitive Neuroscientist, The Centric Lab
- Will Lee, Associate Director, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Nathan Millar, Associate Principal Sustainability, Elementa
- Ziona Strelliz, Director, ZZA Responsive User Environments
- Peter Murray, Chairman, New London Architecture (Chair)
- Joe Morris, Founding Director, Duggan Morris Architects
'What Workers Want' Conference
Tuesday 17 July 2018
NLA, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT